Inter-departmental collaboration is important in every organisation and is essential for an effective Social CRM system. For example, the Marketing and Communications department need to liaise with the Customer Service department regarding customer interactions and any complaints while it is the Sales department that provides up to date information on products, pricing and the sales and purchase cycle. Therefore, Social CRM works better when carried out cross-functionally and this relies on good working relationships to be effective.
Good working relationships
Good working relationships can be built by promoting a climate and culture of mutual respect, trust, loyalty, co-operation and the achievement of common organisational goals.
It can be enhanced by:
- Providing clear direction and clear vision
- Communicating team values and goals to all members
- Establishing ground rules for what is acceptable and what is not
- Establishing a method of listening, encouraging feedback
- Considering each person’s ideas as valuable
- Respecting individual feelings
- Promoting unity among members
- Promoting clear communication
- Encouraging information and knowledge sharing
- Evaluating individual and team performance, providing feedback